Nominations for Outstanding NM Democrats Awards
Email your submissions to email@example.com by March 7, 2016
Greetings Fellow Democrats,
DPNM is announcing an exciting awards program to recognize Outstanding New Mexico Democrats, for 2015. The DPNM Budget and Finance Committee will select two winners from each Congressional District.
We want to thank you for your faithful leadership. Through your guidance and inspiration, registered Democrats diligently volunteer and serve in extraordinary ways. This program will help us all celebrate their accomplishments and extend sincere gratitude, through statewide recognition. Please share with Democrats in your county through your normal process such as meetings, emails, social media, and forums. Any registered Democrat can make a submission by writing a narrative and to submit it electronically via county chairpersons.
7 Mar 2016 5PM is the submission deadline. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
500 words or less
Sample: (Just tell the story, facts, data, personal narrative)
“I’ve known Democracy the Democrat since 1912. He/She got my attention then when he/she…. In 2015, she/he tirelessly continued to serve our Party. She/he registered voters, wrote, spoke, volunteered, led, etc. The effect of her/his outstanding service resulted in the largest voter turnout we’ve ever had in our county. I’ve always looked up to Democracy because….”
We want the awards to reach into the heart and soul of our Party, by bestowing sincere gratitude for the many contributions diligent Democrats make each day, because most go unrecognized. One does not have to be rich nor famous, nor in some prominent position to be submitted for these important awards. We’re looking for outstanding service at the grass roots levels. Making selections will be the hard part, because we have so many “outstanding Democrats.” Please help our Party honor and celebrate their service.
Thank you! Let’s celebrate outstanding Democrats of New Mexico 2016. Budget and Finance Committee member Jeff Swanson will be coordinating this project on behalf of DPNM. Please review the below information and if you have any questions please contact Jeff at 505-850-3339 or email@example.com for more information. Thank you in advance for your support of this effort.
• Outstanding Democrat Awards for 2015
• Purpose: Recognize and thank individual, exemplary democrats
• Eligibility: Any active NM registered Democrat.
• (Please note we are excluding elected representatives from this program as they are recognized via other awards.)
• Service Period: Calendar year 2015
• Submission Criteria: Narrative, 500 words or less. Please describe the work this nominee has done to further the Party and your community.
• Awards Program Coordinator: C. Jeff Swanson 505-850-3339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Award Winners: Two Outstanding Democrats from each Congressional District
1. Any registered democrat can write an award submission
2. Submissions sent to: via County Chairpersons DPNMAwards@nmdemocrats.org
3. Submission Deadline: 5PM on 7 March 2016
4. Winner selections on 11 Mar 2016, 4PM, Budget and Finance Committee will review and vote on all submissions.
5. Award announcement and citations posted at DPNM website
Sample narrative submission Sample: (Just tell the story, facts, data, personal)
“I’ve known Democracy the Dem since 1970. He/She got my attention then when he/she…. In 2015, she/he tirelessly continued to serve our party. She/he registered, wrote, spoke, volunteered, led, etc. The effect of her/his outstanding service resulted in… We’re inspired by Democracy because…”
Award winners will be announced and invited to be recognized at a DPNM event.