Emerge Executive Director
Emerge New Mexico recruits, trains and inspires Democratic women to run for public office and win at the local, state, and national levels. Emerge New Mexico was founded in 2006, and is affiliated with Emerge America. Emerge has trained 147 women in New Mexico. One-third of our “Emergistas” have run for office. In 2012 alone, seven Emergistas were elected to public office in New Mexico – 5 legislators, 1 district court judge and 1 Supreme Court Justice, and . Currently, there are Emerge programs in twelve states. For more information about Emerge New Mexico, please see our website at www.emergenm.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as the Executive Director of Emerge New Mexico. This position will report to the President of the Board of Directors of Emerge New Mexico. Primary responsibilities include: coordinating the training program, fundraising, recruitment of women for the training program, cultivating relationships with key community supporters, providing support to the working committees of the Board, supervising contracts, staff and volunteers, and supporting program members and program alumni.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and motivated leader with the ability to exercise good judgment, build relationships, and lead the organization forward in partnership with the Board of Directors. Emerge also seeks the following specific qualities:
- Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies and partners, including board members, Emerge graduates, donors, volunteers, political candidates, labor organizations and elected officials.
- Registered Democrat and demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals.
- Passion for and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and politics.
- Knowledge of New Mexico politics preferred.
- Great organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Self-directed, multi-tasking, and effective time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experienced public speaker.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional work experience.
- Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: boards of directors, staff, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising.
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
Some evening and weekend hours for events and trainings. Flexible hours and work location.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements, resume, and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Consideration will begin September 6. Early application is strongly encouraged.