New Mexico – The Democratic Party of New Mexico Chairwoman Debra Haaland released the following statement after President Obama delivered his farewell address:
“We have a lot to thank Obama for–more people in New Mexico have health care coverage, our country is moving toward energy independence, and he ushered in a new era of tribal consultation. President Obama makes us proud to be Democrats.
“With President Obama’s presidency coming to an end, we must make sure we don’t move backward on all the progress we’ve made under his presidency. Democrats will continue to fight for or families, Democratic values and for future generations.”
The Democratic Party of New Mexico held a watch party in Albuquerque to gather with other Democrats and highlight the progress the country made since President Obama took office.
Below are some important items our country accomplished under President Obama’s leadership:
- The country has undergone the longest period of private sector job growth in U.S. history
- More than 20 million Americans now have health care who didn’t have it before the President took office
- We have more clear and transparent consultation with Native American tribes
- Doubled production of renewable energy
- Instituted tough new reforms to stop another crisis on Wall Street from punishing Main Street