Newly-elected Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver, a Democrat, hosts the meeting of electors
Santa Fe, N.M. – Today in Santa Fe, New Mexico’s five electors made history and cast their electoral college votes for Hillary Clinton, the first woman nominee of a major political party. The Democratic Party of New Mexico delivered a victory for the Democratic nominee in November. Newly-elected Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver, a Democrat, hosted the official meeting of New Mexico’s presidential electors at the Office of the Secretary of State.
“New Mexico Democrats were proud to deliver a victory for Hillary Clinton, and today we’re happy that our electors cast their votes for the first woman nominee of a major political party,” said Debra Haaland, Chairwoman of the Democratic Party of New Mexico. “We were also very proud to see Maggie Toulouse Oliver officially in her role as New Mexico’s Secretary of State.”
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in New Mexico, and New Mexico’s five electoral votes will be included in her total electoral college count. New Mexico’s five electors are:
- Roxanne Allen, Ward Chair, Albuquerque
- John Padilla, Delegate to the Democratic National Convention and Ward Chair, Albuquerque
- E. Paul Torres, Pueblo of Isleta
- Lorraine Spradling, Grassroots Organizer, Los Lunas
- Noyola Archibeque, President of San Miguel Federation of Democratic Woman, Las Vegas
All 538 electors will meet in their states to cast their votes today.