Three years ago Governor Martinez’s husband, Chuck Franco took a vacation to go hunting in Louisiana. Mr. Franco took 2 members of the Governor’s security detail with him in a state vehicle with a state gas card. DPNM asked questions (below) in July 2013 regarding this trip, which were never answered.
Item: One of the state policemen, Ruben Maynes had members of his family offered employment and hired to work for Governor Martinez—two sisters in the Executive Mansion as well as his wife hired as an executive assistant in the Governor’s Office.
Item: Mr. Maynes resigned from the state police in September 2013. Now, it appears Mr. Maynes has been rehired by the Governor.
Why? The questions still deserve answers. Governor Martinez recklessly tosses out criticism towards Democrats on a daily basis and then thinks its okay to make up rules and disobey laws as Governor.
If you think Governor Martinez should reimburse NM taxpayers the $3,375 that taxpayers were charged for her husband’s vacation, please contribute $15, $25 or $50 NOW.
Questions NM taxpayers (still) want to know:
- When is Governor Martinez going to reimburse NM taxpayers the $3,375 state police racked up on vacation and charged state government?
- Why does Mr. Franco, as a law enforcement officer who carries a badge, need an armed, paid entourage of state police for “protection” while hunting in Louisiana?
- Did Governor Martinez approve this trip or was it done behind her back?
- If you have nothing to hide, why won’t you release all records of this taxpayer funded vacation?
- Why did the state police chief resign in the middle of all of this?
It’s not enough that New Mexico ranks 50th in the well being of children or first in the nation for child hunger and second for adults. Or that Governor Martinez is ranked last in the nation for job creation and has no plan for the drought or a vision/plan for anything.
Democrats are the change.